Entries are the primary method of providing Suggea content. Each Entry has a unique ID (Entry ID), which cannot change. Four primary properties of an Entry are
- An Entry Type , which determines what type of Entry it is (e.g. Question, Suggestion, Idea etc.)
- A Title, required field which provides a Title for the Entry
- A Summary, which can provide either an overview, or the whole content of the Entry if the Entry is simple.
- A Detail field, which allows HTML Rich Text content to be provided for the Entry.
Entries can be linked to Locations to provide content for that Location, similar to files in the file system. Any Location can have multiple Entries.
Entries can also be linked as Solutions to other Entries.
An Entry can be configured to be Location content only, a Solution only, or can be used to provide both functions.
Entries can also be related to other Entries, which may have similar or related content.
Entries can be added by Suggea Users, within certain controls and limitations. An Entry may be added initially as content for a Location, or directly as a Solution to an Entry
An Entry can have the following types of Link added to it.
- Location Links: These link the Entry to Locations to provide content for that Location, similar to files in the file system. Any Location can have multiple Entries. An Entry can be linked to multiple Locations.
- Solution Links: These link other Entries as Solutions for the Entry. An Entry can have multiple Solutions. Any Entry can be the Solution to multiple other Entries. Solution Links are one directional, and any Entry can have two types of Solution Links:
- Solutions For: Links that provide a Solution for the current Entry.
- Solutions To: Links that make the current Entry a Solution to other Entries.
Note: Some types of Entry, such as Blogs or Discussions, cannot have Solutions
- Relation Links: These links relate other Entries to the current Entry. An Entry can be related to and from multiple other Entries. Relation Links are one directional, and any Entry can have two types of Relation Links:
- Related To: Links that make another Entry related to the current Entry.
- Related From: Links that make the current Entry related from other Entries.
An Entry can also have the following types of other content items added to it.
- Comments: Content Comments directly relating to the content of the Entry.
- Reviews: These allow other Users to provide feedback and rate the Entry.
- Awards: These allow other Users to recognise the Entry for particular aspects, such as Originality or Creativity.
- Votes: These allow other Users to simply indicate whether they Like or Dislike the Entry. Votes are the anonymous.