Thank you for using Suggea. This policy was written to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have regarding your information. Some of the concepts below are technical, but we have tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions or suggestions on this policy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name and email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you're using Suggea on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Suggea, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We get technical information when you use our products.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our products, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way.
Log Data. When you use Suggea, our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our products ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you use it to access Suggea. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to Suggea, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used Suggea.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Suggea on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Suggea and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including helping you discover locations or entries you might like or provide you with tailored advertising. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in cooking, we may suggest food-related locations or entries.
We also use the information we collect to:
- send you updates (such as when certain activities, like entry entries, votes or comments, happen on Suggea), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings (when functionality is available), we may send you weekly updates that include locations or entries you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Suggea does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Suggea account, many of the choices you have on Suggea are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your User Manage page at any time.
- Link or unlink your Suggea account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Suggea to that service.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Suggea. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
What information do we share?
Suggea is a tool people use to share their ideas, suggestions, thoughts and opinions. When you create public locations and entries, anyone can view them. A User information page that anyone can view will only ever contain non-confidential information about that user. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Suggea account to those services or publish your activity on Suggea to them.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Suggea; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using Suggea how many visits we made to it's locations or entries.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Suggea is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Suggea after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.